Monday 16 September 2013

Magic Moments: Train Wheels

If you follow my Facebook or Twitter feeds, you may have noticed that S is teething at the moment. She's grumpy, she's dribbling, she's crying, she's clinging to me. It's not much fun, and not a lot is being done.

The other morning I was trying desperately to sort out my online banking before we left for nursery. I'd given her breakfast and got her dressed, wiped her nose about a gazillion times, and put her on the play mats with a wooden train puzzle.

For the umpteenth time, I came back to the laptop to try and login to my bank account, and for the umpteenth time, S ended up at my feet... But this time, she didn't whine or try to climb up on my lap or snot on my knees.

I grabbed my chance, and carried on paying my bill, expecting an inconsolable bout of Teething Scream any second. When I finished and looked down, this is what I saw:


This is S sitting on the floor, practically under my chair, playing with the wooden wheels from her 3D train puzzle. She spent a good ten minutes putting the middle of the wheel into the outer rim, then taking it out, and putting it back in again.

And I spent a good ten minutes watching.




8 comments:

  1. Aww bless her!!
    It's always the simple things which keep them amused...lol Hope she's feeling better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely to be able to take the time to sit and watch them play :)
    #MagicMoments

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww i love this stage its so so cute to watch them play.

    Thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever girl - and great it took her mind of the teething by the sounds of things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belss, she looks totally engrossed...hope you managed to get your banking done! Brings it all into perspective, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's completely engaged isn't she?! Lovely to watch that concentration :) #SSAmazingAchievements

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad something took her mind off of the terrible teething, and you got the chance to pay your bill. It's lovely to just sit and watch them when you get that chance.

    Thanks for linking up with Small Steps Amazing Achievements :0)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...