Wednesday 31 July 2013

Small Steps, Amazing Achievements: Apple!

This week, S has been wandering about the house saying,

A-paaah!

A-paaah!

A-paaah!

To be honest, at first I wasn't sure what she was on about; I thought maybe she'd learned it at nursery or something. I tried to see if she was looking or pointing at something when she said it, but she was mostly just wandering about the house saying it.

After a couple of days it changed to

A-pul!

A-pul!

A-pul!


and I figured out what it was!

I mentioned in this post some time ago, that we were enjoying reading a library book called Orange, Pear, Apple, Bear. A friend then very kindly posted us a board book of it, and we've been reading it almost daily since.

S has always been a big fan of the bear, and for a while we had some confusion between "bear" and "pear" (both were called bear) but now, out of nowhere, and with the book in the bedroom for bedtime stories, she was running around the living room shouting her own version of "Apple!"

Single Mother Ahoy Orange Pear Apple Bear
S pointing out the apple on the bear's nose




Ethans Escapades

5 comments:

  1. Rio has become obsessed with alphabet books and of course every A is apple.. its one of his favourite words along with ball. What a gorgeous vest too! Yay for new words x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that's brill clever girl you have

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we love that book! I wrote a post about it recently - my son brought it downstairs and read it to me! She'll be saying orange before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sounds like a great little learner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever little girl, well done :0) I think I need to get this book.

    Thanks for linking up with Small Steps Amazing Achievements :0)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...