Monday 29 July 2013

Magic Moments: 29th July

I wasn't going to take part in this week's Magic Moments linky. I've had food poisoning, I'm knackered and have been struggling to write an essay.

Then I realised that actually, I really enjoy deciding on a magic moment to write about, and it's nice to look back at something and think, actually, things aren't so miserable! Stop whining about feeling poorly, and think of something magical that's happened this week!

Single Mother Ahoy auntie


S was supposed to go to nursery on Thursday morning, but she was sick a couple of times during the night, so she didn't go. They have a rule that a child must have gone 48 hours without vomiting, so that meant she couldn't go to nursery on Friday either. No big deal for S; she just gets to spend the day doing fun stuff at home. But I'm supposed to work on Fridays.

I asked my sister A if she would look after S on Friday so that I could go to work. To be honest, I didn't hold out much hope but thought perhaps I'd be able to do a half day and at least show willing at work. Imagine my surprise when she seemed happy to look after S for the whole day!

The magical part of this was that S actually had a really great day with her auntie. They played with toys, went for a walk with the buggy, met me for lunch (definite highlight of my day), went to a toy shop and bought building blocks to play with, and S even walked part way home.

I came home to find them engrossed in playing with some toys on the play mats. Happy days!






2 comments:

  1. so sorry you guys have been poorly!! i do hope your both 100% soon!

    I love that fact she got to spend some quality time with her aunty and that took the pressure off on your work commitments!

    So lovely to have you linked up with #MagicMoments x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww :( rubbish being ill but nice that she was able to spend some time with your sister. Also a nice surprise seeing her at lunch :)

    ReplyDelete

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...