Thursday 8 August 2013

Blog Every Day in August: Get Crafty

Day 8 is: Get Crafty

I've struggled with this one. I'm not really a crafty person! 

But it's my mum's birthday next week, and I thought it would be nice to make her something from S.
(apparently it's bad form to just give them a photo of the two of you for every birthday and Christmas)

So I decided to make a salt dough hand print.

I made up some salt dough like I used with these Christmas decorations, but I used some red paint and glitter.

Single Mother Ahoy salt dough hand print 1

When I mixed the dough, despite using what I thought was very little salt and flour, I ended up with a lot of it.

Single Mother Ahoy salt dough hand print 2

So we made three hand prints, and I figure we'll decorate them, and just pick the best one. And the other two... I'll use as paper weights, since I can't possibly ever throw out anything with my daughter's hand print on it.

Single Mother Ahoy salt dough hand print 3

Don't worry, I can post my mother's birthday present on here without fear of being found out; she knows about the blog, but she doesn't read it.





1 comment:

  1. Looks like good fun. My Mum reads my blog - but I've told her not to shout at me if I swear! :)

    ReplyDelete

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...