Wednesday 7 August 2013

Blog Every Day in August: Guilty Pleasure

I am taking part in Yummy Mummy in Training's Blog Every Day in August challenge.
Day 7 is: Guilty Pleasure

Single Mother Ahoy Tweetdeck

Sad but true, I think Twitter is my guilty pleasure. I've had an account for years, but never really used it - I was following loads of celebrities, and found that I couldn't keep up with what they all had to say. Eventually I just stopped bothering.
 
Then I started the blog, and someone told me I should be promoting it on Twitter. So I started tweeting a link to my blog every now and then, when I remembered, to my 192 followers.
 
Then I downloaded Tweetdeck, and started following the people who are doing the same sort of thing as me. I followed organisations who do things I'm interested in and write about. And I unfollowed a lot of celebrities, in whom I have little or no interest.
 
I don't keep up with Twitter very well; I don't read every single tweet, especially now that I'm back at work. But I do spend a ridiculous amount of time on Twitter, chattering to the people I follow. I love the way Twitter works; the fact you don't have to be in an agreed "friendship" to respond to what they are saying. It invites interaction in a way that Facebook and other social media don't. I love the hashtags and all the endlessly different opinions. I've found some fantastic blogs through Twitter, and some amazing opportunities. And I spend far too much time on it!
 

1 comment:

  1. I don't really have a twitter account but I am considering it, it seems everywhere I go since I started blogging was tweet this and tweet that and am feeling a little left out on the tweets but on the other hand I already spend way too much time using my phone n computer, and joining twitter my phone will be permanently attached to me - so should Istill join?

    ReplyDelete

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...