Sunday 11 August 2013

Blog Every Day in August: Something Beautiful

I am taking part in Yummy Mummy in Training's Blog Every Day in August challenge.
Day 11 is Something Beautiful.

I'm really tempted to post a photo of my beautiful daughter; but that would be a bit of a cliche.
Instead, I'm posting this:

Single Mother Ahoy Salisbury Cathedral

This is the view from S's bedroom window (you know, the bedroom she never goes into, because she sleeps in my bed). It's Salisbury Cathedral.

It's built on a flood plane that's basically marsh land. They have a dip stick in the floor to check for the water level. Nobody even knows how the spire is standing, because by the laws of engineering and science, it's so heavy it should have collapsed in on itself and the rest of the building long ago.

I love the fact you can see the blue sky through its windows.

Isn't it beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...