Tuesday 5 November 2013

The Man Who Says It With Soup... But What Is He Saying?

What does it mean when a man turns up at your door and hands you some home made soup?

According to my mate Sam, who is a gobby bitch and always says it as she sees it, "and you think he doesn't like you? Yeah right!"

On the other hand, I bake brownies for anyone who looks like they might want some gooey chocolate goodness. Perhaps this guy is just as dopey as I am in that respect, and likes to give people things to cheer them up - without having any sort of romantic intentions.

Which one do I really want it to be? I don't even know. 

Don't get me wrong; I have a hideous crush on this man, for various reasons. He is lovely. He compliments me and encourages me with my writing and chats random shit with me and walks on the outside of the pavement in some weird, old-fashioned chivalrous fashion that's quite adorable. Spending time with him feels a lot like a Winter afternoon wrapped in a big quilt watching a classic movie.

But I'm also slightly petrified of all that business. I have enough on my plate right now, without getting all caught up in something that could well end in tears (if past experience is anything to go on, it's likely to). It's safe to say I have poor judgement when it comes to men. Is this just more poor judgement?

And really, if you were trying to woo someone, would you use soup to do it?

I was trying to think of the last time a man turned up with home made food at my door... The best I could come up with was a drunk bloke last Christmas offering to get a taxi to the nearest KFC (half an hour away) and bring some back for me. Not quite the same, is it. And I know which one I prefer.

I am not sure what to make of the whole soup thing. What does it say, when a man turns up at your door with soup?

2 comments:

  1. It possibly means that he fancies you too. Sometimes we spend so much time looking for the perfect one, that we don't see the obvious. As long as he isn't married, and doesn't live in his mums cellar,what have you to loose. Relationships are about being comfortable, you shouldn't have to work at them to make them work. Enjoy the soup, after all, its a chilly evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if that's what it means, but it's certainly a great way to get some free soup. Seriously though it clearly means that he's thoughtful and kind, so he'd be a good friend if nothing more.

    ReplyDelete

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...