Friday 1 November 2013

Welcome to NaBloPoMo.

What is NaBloPoMo?
It's National Blog Posting Month.

Remember how I did Blog Every Day in August back in... well, August? Well this is the same sort of thing.

The list of prompts is here on Nowt Special, and as you can see, today's topic is "Something you may not already know about me."

To be honest, I'm a bit of a blabber mouth on here so you probably already know most things...

And anyone who has known me in person for a while will know this, but I'm afraid I'm fresh out of ideas, and not much of an enigma.

I have had over 30 piercings.

I know, shocking, isn't it. I look so normal!

Here is what I used to look like, about 6 years ago:


I had fake hair for a few years, but this is my favourite one. I did it for my brother's wedding.

Any way, enough reminiscing about the hair. Back to the piercings... In this photo you can see: 3 normal ear piercings, a tunnel, a transverse (the little white bit sticking through the bottom of my ear), 2 cartilage piercings (top of ear), a scaffold (the big bar across the top of my ear) and 2 nape piercings (the two metal balls on the back of my neck. I've had a third one done since this photo. So that's 11.


This photo is from my birthday in 2007.
You can see a madison piercing (between my collar bones, it was done twice), labret stud (middle of lip; I had a second one briefly, until a Spanish customs lady told me it looked like a beard in my passport photo), a septum piercing (bit in the middle of my nose), eyebrow (this was done three times).
In my right ear there were two conch piercings, a tunnel and a normal ear piercing. I think that makes a running total of... 23?

Then there were ...
two in my right wrist - 25
I had pieces of metal implanted in each arm using a cannula (don't ask me why) - 27
I have a piercing under my tongue - 28
My belly button - 29
My nose - 30

I think that's all of them.
I won't post photos of the wrist etc because some people find them a bit squeamy.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love your hair in the top photo! It's very cool!

    I can't believe you have so many piercings, not in a bad way, just think you are very brave.

    x x x

    ReplyDelete

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...