Wednesday 11 December 2013

Winter Warmers

I don't know about you, but I love a bit of comfort food. Especially at this time of year, when it's cold and dark and windy....

Here are a few of my favourite winter warmers.


  • Top of the list has to be hot chocolate with marshmallows. You can't go wrong with hot chocolate... unless you're adding a drop of brandy. Which obviously I can't do now, since everything I have is shared with a toddler.
  • Casserole/Stew: I never know what the difference is! But it's always nice to stick a big pot of whichever-one-it-is in the oven, and have the smell of cooking food permeate the house all day. Even better if you've been out working or shopping (or puddle splashing or leaf stomping) to come home to a nice warm house and dinner ready and waiting. And always with dumplings.
Tartiflette... nom.
  • Tartiflette. Bear with me on this... it's basically like dauphinoise potatoes, but with bacon and lots of cheese. I've a friend who used to chef in the Alps and she came back and made this for all her friends... we were all instantly hooked. Nom!
  • Mulled wine - well, it is Christmas! I don't even particularly like the taste of mulled wine - I'd rather just have normal read wine heated up without all the fandangly bits. But I love the smell of the fandangly bits!
  • Anything with mashed potato and gravy! It doesn't really matter what you put with this winning combination - toad in the hole,  pork or lamb chops, chicken, whatever. Just the mashed potato and gravy is a winner in my book.
  • Curry. I make a very weird curry that involves hard boiled eggs and bananas... I'm working on writing a guest post for Visit from the Stork about it, so watch this space.
  • Roast dinner. You can't go wrong with a roast, can you!
What are your favourite winter warmers? I'd love to try something new this Winter...

Disclaimer: this post was written in collaboration with Inghams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...