Thursday 30 January 2014

The Secret... is it to be a Mum?

I watched The Secret a few years ago... and I read the book. Then I had a nervous breakdown, and forgot all about it.

Just recently, I've been reminded of it. My sister bought me The Secret Daily Teachings for Christmas, and I've been reading through it. Then I realised The Secret was on Netflix, so I watched it a couple of times.



For those who don't know, The Secret is about the Law of Attraction. The basic principle is that if you concentrate on the bad things in your life, you will attract more bad things. But if you focus on the good, you attract more good. The experts in the book and the movie say that this is more based on your feeling than your thought. So when you feel great about everything, more great things will happen. There's a bit where they say you should try to feel more love, as you then attract more love to you.

This made me think... I don't think I really knew what love even was until I had S. That absolute, definite knowledge that I would lay down my life for her. That constant feeling of "ohmygodyouresoperfecthowthehelldidImakeanythingthisawesomeyouareamazing." I miss her when she's at nursery. Sometimes when I go to bed at night I want to wake her up just to give her an extra cuddle. I live for that smile.

So it's safe to say that I'm feeling more love in my life than I ever have before.
And I'm also experiencing more awesomeness in my life than I ever have before.

So perhaps the Secret is to have a shitty time, and then a baby and more of a shitty time. And then awesomeness will rain down upon you.

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...