I was talking to a friend the other day, and she said that when she watches cookery shows on TV, she often thinks "I'll cook that when I'm an adult..."
It reminded me that I still think "When I grow up..." on a regular basis.
When I grow up...
- I will keep my house clean and tidy, and vacuum every day.
- I will have money left over at the end of the month.
- I will read proper, grown-up magazines instead of the lowbrow tat I currently entertain myself with
- I will understand the other 80% of the jokes on Have I Got News For You
- I'll be able to stay up past my bed time (the bed time I impose on myself because I'm always so tired!)
- I will have a dinner repertoire that stretches beyond one chicken dish and one beef mince dish.
- My dirty clothes will find it to the wash basket without languishing on the landing for a while first
- I will organise my time properly and not waste so much of it dicking about.
- I will cease to find lolcats funny
- I will see what's coming, and plan for it.
- I will be prepared for every possible outcome
- I'll be able to just keep chocolate in the house for unlimited amounts of time... without having to eat it.
- I'll be able to speak my mind in person, not just on my blog.
- I'll feel like I know what I'm doing.
Is it just me, or does everyone still think When I grow up... - even when they're 32?