Friday 29 August 2014

Can You Boil an Egg?




British Lion Eggs sent us an electronic egg boiler so that we could test out some recipes. Do you know how many calories are in an egg? Possibly not as many as you think.. I can't boil an egg - hard or soft - for toffee, so I was excited to try this baby out!

Turns out, it's a genius invention. There's a dial with pictures on it to show how hard or soft you want your eggs boiled, so you just pop the eggs in, fill it with water using a handy measuring cup provided and off you go! The measuring cup also has a pin on the bottom with which to pierce a hole in your eggs, so that they don't crack while they're cooking. Love it!

S is not a massive fan of boiled eggs, but I like to hard boil them and hide them in meals that involve sauce. I think that started with what is apparently a weird family tradition of putting hard boiled egg in curry. Mmm, chicken curry with hard boiled eggs! Yum!

Seeing as I am giving up sugar for September, I like the idea of using this egg boiler to hard boil a stash of eggs to keep in my fridge for snack-type emergencies! 

I know a lot of people tend to eschew the humble egg, and many will eat only egg whites because the yolk is apparently where all the fat is... but who doesn't love a gorgeous, runny yolk in an egg? And did you know that the yolk of an egg contains all the enzymes we need to digest it properly? 

Right, my eggs are cooked - I'm off to cut myself some soldiers!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen one of those for years. I remember my parents had one when I was a kid. I've always loved eggs in any formm whether boiled, poached or particularly scrambled. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I do like the look of this. I love dippy eggs but can't for the life of me make them.....They always end up under or over cooked. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, an electric egg boiler, I've never seen such a thing! x

    ReplyDelete

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...