Sunday 21 April 2013

I was Awarded the Liebster Award by Teddy!

Liebster Award
This award starts by me sharing 11 facts about myself - then I answer 11 questions asked by Teddy, and then sharing 11 blogs with you. Then I pass this on to 11 other people, who answer my 11 questions, and so on...






So firstly, 11 facts about me:
  1. I used to have over 30 piercings... none of them rude. 
  2. I respond very badly to being told what to do, in any way, shape or form.
  3. I believe I am living proof of the old Nietzsche saying, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I've been through what probably counts as a ridiculous amount of shit in my life... and I'm still here.
  4. I'm a bit of a hippie... More than a bit actually...
  5. I actually dropped out of a history & politics degree course to work in Burger King.
  6. I've been to Burger King College. Fear me.
  7. As time goes on, I find I have less and less of it for negative people. 
  8. If I walk past you in the street and don't speak, it's probably because I assume you won't recognise me, or want to be bothered by me.
  9. If I pay too much attention to my appearance, I get a bit obsessive, and pay too much attention. So I tend to just not bother. Which explains why I look such a state a lot of the time.
  10. I am a spelling and grammar snob. If your blog, Facebook and Twitter posts have poor grammar, I probably don't respect you. I often just stop reading things that are poorly written, even if the subject matter is of interest.
  11. My house is an absolute tip; I should be cleaning/tidying it rather than sitting here trying to think up a clever 11th fact.



And now, Teddy's questions:

1. What made you decide to start your blog?
I posted a note on Facebook once last September, and a friend commented suggesting I start a blog.

2. If you could have one wish (one wish only) what would it be?
That my daughter grows up happy and secure in her sense of self - essentially, without all of her mother's hang-ups.

3. How many children do you have/want, and what is your max?
I have one, my darling S. I would love to have more, but I honestly can't see it happening. I was just thinking today that I can't imagine ever meeting a man with whom I could share our life, who I could allow to be a father to her. I would have loved to have lots of kids; the children are the only thing I miss about my relationship with the ex.

4.One parent that inspires you, who would it be?
My friend F. She has 3 kids. Her house is always spotless but her kids are happy and she does stuff with them all the time. She makes everything just look so easy!

5. What do you wish for your children when they are your age?
I just want her to be happy. I don't care whether that means she's married, single, gay, straight, a mother, childless, a career woman or a hippie in a tent. As long as she has a proper, genuine smile on her face.

6. What is one movie that is similar to your life and why?
In all honesty, if you put the events of my life up to this point in a movie, nobody would watch it because they'd say it was too far fetched. Even Eastenders wouldn't touch this shit!

7. Who was the first person to hold your first born (not including you)?
I honestly can't remember, but probably her father.

8. Blast from the past!! What is your favourite childhood memory?
When I was 9 my school had a Christmas Hats competition. For some reason my dad was at home (he normally left for work by 4am) and we'd forgotten about it, so he wrapped a big box in some foil wrapping paper and used a knife to cut a hole in the bottom just big enough to let it sit on my head. Then he drove me to school so that I wouldn't be late. I think it was the only time he drove me to school, and I felt really special. The hat won a prize too.

9. What is your favourite blog topic category?
I like blogs about extreme views on parenting. People who home school, work hard to never say certain things to their children, have strong (often seen as "hippieish") views. I love their posts.

10 What do you do in your spare time?
I am currently studying two OU modules - one in English, one in Child Development. That takes up most of my spare time.

11. What is your ideal vacation?
People always groan when I say it, but I love Benidorm and hope to take S there one day.

And now, my questions to my nominees:

  1. Do you take part in any regular blog hops, linkys etc with your blog?
  2. What is your favourite part of blogging?
  3. How long have you had this blog?
  4. Do you follow any blogs with a different subject to your own? If so, which ones?
  5. Topical - what is your opinion on Margaret Thatcher?
  6. What is the first thing you do once the kids are asleep?
  7. How long have you been blogging?
  8. What is your ideal day?
  9. What is your favourite movie?
  10. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what is the first thing you'd do?
  11. What is one thing you always do, without fail, even if you've had the most hectic day on record?
And finally, 11 blogs I pass onto you for your viewing pleasure:




Thanks for reading! If you have enjoyed this post please share it with your friends using the buttons below!

1 comment:

  1. Why thank you I accept I have forwarded on to my 11 nominees :)

    ReplyDelete

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...