Monday 25 March 2013

Beautiful Mama Blog Award


Well, I woke up this morning in not-the-best frame of mind, and it didn't really improve much... Until I went onto Twitter, and found that Shareen from A Real Mummy Diary had nominated me for a Beautiful Mama Blog Award!

If I'm honest, I'd never heard of the award before - so I did a bit of digging, and found that it originated here, with Atlanta Mom of Three. I think it's a lovely idea - who doesn't like to get an award, especially with "beautiful" in the title (someone has clearly not seen the state of me this morning!)

To accept the award I must:

  • Save the image, and use it in my acceptance post (done!)
  • List three things I love about motherhood
  • Nominate as many deserving mamas as I like, and let them know I have done so...
So here we go then. Three things I love about motherhood...
  1. It sorted me right out. I've had mental issues for a long time, and had a rather spectacular breakdown a couple of years ago. I was still struggling to recover from that when I met S's father and got pregnant, and pretty much went right back to square one. Now here I am, mother of the most gorgeous almost-one-year-old, and I find that mental health is not such a major issue any more. There's little time for self-obsessed navel-gazing when you've someone else to think about, 24/7. This is not me saying that people who have kids and still struggle with mental health issues are somehow inferior or wrong; it's me saying that for me, in my situation, having S has sorted me right out.
  2. At least once a day, I look over at my gorgeous little mischief machine and think "oh my gawd, I made that!!" and with every day that passes, the more I know this is my doing, and nothing her father can take credit for. It's a massive ego boost to see a child who is so happy, so sociable, so bloody amazing, and know that you might have had anything to do with it.
  3. Being a mother puts things into perspective in a way nothing else can (as far as I have experienced). The list of Important Things in my life has gone from being as long as my arm to very few items. As long as S has what she needs to be happy and healthy, the rest of it really doesn't matter. (she said, wearing too-big jeans hanging around her bum, no make-up, hair not done, big grin plastered across her face). I don't care if my nails have not been painted; none of my clothes fit me; I've not been underwear shopping for well over a year. My daughter is happy and since that's Number One on my list, I don't care about the rest of it!
And now, to nominate other deserving mamas...

Kate at Naked Mum

I love these blogs, and you should too - go and check them out!

Thanks for reading! If you've enjoyed reading this please share it with your friends using the buttons below!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It really is amazing to know we MADE them, isn't?! I have thought that so often! lol
    I'm glad the award encouraged you. :)
    After having met so many amazing mothers, I was surprised that there wasn't already an award recognizing them, so I decided to make one myself!
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think it's a lovely idea for an award.
      And yes - still can't believe this little burbling, giggling sweetheart came from me! Bonkers!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for nominating me, I hope to get my post done this weekend

    ReplyDelete

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...