Tuesday 27 August 2013

Review: The Green Earth Pan by Ozeri

Those of you who follow me on Facebook or Twitter will already be aware that I was given a frying pan to try out for a review, since I've been making pancakes for the last week!


Single Mother Ahoy Green Earth Pan Ozeri


The Green Earth Pan by Ozeri is made with something called Greblon ceramic coating, and contains no PTFE or PFOA. The blurb on the box also says that it'a made with durable, scratch-resistant ceramic which emits no harmful fumes when heated.

The cooking surface has a honeycomb pattern which apparently helps to prevent food from sticking and makes it easy to clean. It also "creates air pockets which distribute heat underneath food to enhance cooking."

After much deliberation and consulting with Facebook and Twitter, I decided the best way to test the pan was to make pancakes. Lots of them. Every day.

Single Mother Ahoy Green Earth Pan Ozeri

I blogged our favourite pancake recipe here.

As you can see, the pan is a good size for cooking three reasonable pancakes, or one large one.

Single Mother Ahoy Green Earth Pan Ozeri

So far, nothing has stuck to the pan. Even when I got distracted by a crying toddler, or making some coffee, or just random shiny things, the food will burn but still not stick. It's also really easy to wash.

The pan is larger than most frying pans I've used before, and also has high sides - meaning that you could cook something like risotto or sauces in it without worrying about them sticking or spilling.

At the time of writing, the Green Earth Pan was £28.95 on Amazon. If you don't cook much that requires a non-stick frying pan, that's probably a bit much to fork out for an occasional usage. But I have to say, since this pan was delivered, I've not had to find it a space in the cupboard - because as soon as it's washed up, I'm using it again to cook another meal in. In that way, it's worth the extra money - because I'm getting a lot of use out of it.

Disclaimer: I was provided with the Green Earth Pan free of charge in return for writing this review, but it was not dependent on my writing a favourable review. All views and words are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...