Thursday 22 August 2013

Review: Edushape Sensory Ball

I was offered a sensory ball to review by Lloyds Pharmacy, which was quite exciting!

From the photo, I was expecting something quite small to be delivered, so I was surprised when there was a knock at the door, and a rather large box was handed to me! The sensory ball is actually about 20cm across. It's covered in little bumps, which means it's fun to feel and hold as well as to play with like a normal ball. I think the bumps also make it easier for little hands to grip and hold. And it's very bouncy - but the bumps mean it usually bounces once, making an awesome sound, and then stops. Which is handy for those of us with some breakables left after a few months of mobile toddler.

Single Mother Ahoy Sensory Ball 1
S loves this ball. Because it's so big, it's easy for her to throw and catch, and I often find it next to the front door where she's been rolling it up the length of the hall way. If I instigate a game of catch with the ball, I'm guaranteed a fit of giggles every time the ball comes towards her. 

The blurb on the box says:

Sensory play for little superstars! Children will love this unique textured ball. It is soft and stimulating. enhances gross motor and tactile skills, encourages crawling and coordination.
I do wish we'd had this ball earlier, as I think S would have loved it when she was younger too (though it's not suitable for babies under 3 months).

Single Mother Ahoy Sensory Ball 2

The ball also came with a leaflet from the RNIB, and would be great for children with all kinds of learning disabilities as well. They come in several bright colours, and the texture means the ball is fun to just sit and play with. It can also be fun for adults - I often find myself just sitting playing with it when I'm supposed to be tidying the toys away!

The sensory balls cost £9.59 at the time of writing, reduced from £16.61.
If you said to me that a ball cost a tenner, I'd laugh at you. But actually, for this ball, I think I'd be quite happy to pay that for it. It's not just a ball; it's a sensory toy, it's the perfect size for practising catching, and until S gets more forceful with her throwing, it's perfect for playing with indoors. For all the fun we've had playing with it, and the time it's kept her entertained while I just put the washing on/did the washing up/popped upstairs to put the washing away, it's definitely worth it.

Disclaimer: I was provided with a sensory ball free of charge in exchange for this review, but that was not dependent on my writing a favourable review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...