This week, we're on holidays. S's nursery closes for two weeks in the summer, and so I'm having an enforced two weeks off work.
I've been petrified for weeks. S has been at nursery for 3 months, and in that time they've kept her interested, engaged, occupied and happy for 8 hours every time she's there. I was terrified she'd be bored and fed up, stuck with me full time. Especially since last week she seemed to be really enjoying nursery, and got to the point of fetching her shoes from the front door half an hour before we needed to leave.
Monday was the first day of our holidays. This is what we did:
- Went for a walk into town and bought some fun stuff
- Did some ridiculously messy play with my sister A
- Baked cup cakes with my sister A
- Played with silly soap (S still hates it; possibly because it's not edible)
- Threw balls in and out of the ball pit with my sisters A and Z
- Went for a super long walk in the trike with my sisters A and Z, including a walk by the river, ducks, screeching tyres around a supermarket, a massive toy shop, a sports shop like a maze, and riding home standing up on the footboard of the trike like some fearless teenager
- Had a super messy tea
- Had a super splashy bath
- Had super cuddly cuddles
- Designated A as Head Photographer, and took 383 photos.
S had a smile on her face for most of the day, despite the fact she is teething like a good'un at the moment.
So our amazing achievement this week is: we spent 3 months at work and at nursery, and we didn't forget how to have fun together (with a little help from my sisters).
Today we're off to soft play, and tomorrow we're off to the Oceanarium and maybe even the beach.