Monday 19 August 2013

Blog Every Day in August: Things You Should Know About Me

I am taking part in Yummy Mummy in Training's Blog Every Day in August challenge.
Day 19 is Things You Should Know About Me.


I fucking hate coldplay


Here's a list:
  • I hate Coldplay. In a way I cannot describe, I just detest them. So much so, that when one of their songs came on while I was in labour, I stopped my contractions. I point blank refused to allow their drivel to be the first thing my child heard (S was born about 10 minutes later, to John Parr's St Elmo's Fire)
  • I hate to be called Hun or Hunny or other stupid, condescending pet names. I am 32 years old and managing perfectly well in my life, thank you. Do not talk down to me. I have plenty of other nick names you can choose from: Vicky, Bubbles, Plum, Stix. Not bloody Hun.
  • I am terminally messy. There are no two ways about it; my house is perpetually a tip. Every now and then I have a massive tidy up, clear out all the crap and vow everything will stay this way forever. It lasts a maximum of two days. Since I went back to work, this has got a lot worse - there's just not enough time for tidying when I could be playing with S or sleeping!
  • I love my blog. Love love love it. I love to write in general, and I love the fact I now have a blog on my local paper's website; but this blog is my second baby, and I love it.
  • I have five brothers and sisters, but only three of them talk to me. The best three, obviously. In a normal family, the reasons the other two don't speak would never have occurred. But my family is far from normal.
I'd better leave it there before I get a bit TMI. What are the things we should know about you?

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. I can't stand it when people use pet names on me either, especially when I'm in a store and it's some pizza faced teenager. Their training should include not using pet names such as hon or sweetie. - I love my blog too, so much so that I went dot com to have more control over things. AND I love your blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also hate pet names! Yuck!! And yep, my house is untidy. 'Lived in' I prefer haha!

    ReplyDelete

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...