Day 19 is Things You Should Know About Me.
Here's a list:
- I hate Coldplay. In a way I cannot describe, I just detest them. So much so, that when one of their songs came on while I was in labour, I stopped my contractions. I point blank refused to allow their drivel to be the first thing my child heard (S was born about 10 minutes later, to John Parr's St Elmo's Fire)
- I hate to be called Hun or Hunny or other stupid, condescending pet names. I am 32 years old and managing perfectly well in my life, thank you. Do not talk down to me. I have plenty of other nick names you can choose from: Vicky, Bubbles, Plum, Stix. Not bloody Hun.
- I am terminally messy. There are no two ways about it; my house is perpetually a tip. Every now and then I have a massive tidy up, clear out all the crap and vow everything will stay this way forever. It lasts a maximum of two days. Since I went back to work, this has got a lot worse - there's just not enough time for tidying when I could be playing with S or sleeping!
- I love my blog. Love love love it. I love to write in general, and I love the fact I now have a blog on my local paper's website; but this blog is my second baby, and I love it.
- I have five brothers and sisters, but only three of them talk to me. The best three, obviously. In a normal family, the reasons the other two don't speak would never have occurred. But my family is far from normal.
I'd better leave it there before I get a bit TMI. What are the things we should know about you?