Tuesday 22 October 2013

Review: Green Coffee Extract

I was sent some Green Coffee Extract capsules to try out, which was nice.

Single Mother Ahoy Green Coffee Extract

Apparently, green coffee extract has been all over the news in recent months. I've no idea though, I'm generally oblivious to this sort of thing. I did have a bit of a Google before I started taking them though and found about as much positive as negative information.

The general gist of it seemed to be, if you take more than the recommended dose, or you have a pre-existing medical condition then it's possible you'll get some bad side effects.

I would just like to point out here, before I get all sorts of comments, I did not test these pills while I was breastfeeding.

So here's the science bit, concentrate!

Apparently scientists have found that coffee can help with mental and physical performance, liver disease, heart health and weight loss. 
There is an antioxidant in green (unroasted) coffee beans  which is apparently thought to affect how the body handles blood sugar and metabolism. Research points to a 10% reduction in body weight over 22 weeks following daily supplementation with green coffee extract.

I'm not hideously overweight, but I do have a few pounds to shift so I was happy to give these a go. You take one capsule three times a day with meals, which is fairly easy to remember - I just carry the pack around in my bag.

I've been taking them for a couple of weeks now. I have to say I'm rubbish at remembering to eat lunch so seem to have been missing that one a fair bit. I'm not sure if I've lost any weight, but I do feel slimmer. Just less bloated really, and my clothes fit me a little more comfortably. I have also not noticed any side effects - but that is just me, and if you are sensitive to caffeine or prone to any of the illnesses mentioned, it's probably best to steer clear.

These are not some miracle diet pill; they're not going to make you lose shedloads of weight and wake up looking like <insert skinny celeb of your choice here>, but when combined with sensible eating and exercise, they do seem to help with the old fat burning. That said, watch this space to see if I turn into a swimwear model.

The Green Coffee Extract I tried is by HealthSpark and available from Holland & Barrett for £19.99 for 90 capsules.

Disclaimer: I received some Green Coffee Extract capsules in exchange for writing this review, but that was not dependent on my writing a favourable review. All words and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...