Monday 2 December 2013

Review: Ozeri Pedometer

I was sent the Ozeri 4x3motion Digital Pocket 3D Pedometer to review.


The last time I had a pedometer, it was a little thing that clipped onto your belt, and clicked each time you took a step.
This one is a little more advanced. It comes on a lanyard that goes around your neck. As you can see from the photo, it keeps track of the date and time as well as the number of steps you've taken. It also records distance, speed, calories and time so you can use it to track a specific walking route if you want to.

I used to wear a pedometer all the time. I would record the number of steps I'd taken each day.
Some mornings, I would get up and wander off to work... and then get there, and realise I'd forgotten to reset the pedometer from the night before, and now I had no clue how many steps were today's, and how many were yesterday's.

This pedometer removes that frustration because it automatically resets to zero each day. It also records seven days' worth of data, so that you can look back and see how you've been doing over the last week or so. For a geek like me, that's a really big PLUS point.

The only down side of this pedometer is its size, and the fact it goes on a lanyard round your neck. Fine if you're just nipping to the supermarket for a little shopping; not so fine if you're going to a business meeting and want to look professional. It's not a very stylish fashion accessory, as one of my clients pointed out! Then again, I suppose when you use a pedometer it's not really as a fashion accessory any way. 

It would be useful if there were the option to clip it to a belt loop or something, and also (like so many electronic devices) it could stand to be a little smaller so that it's not quite so obvious under your clothes.

I do love it though, and it's made me a lot more aware of how active I am on a day to day basis.

This pedometer is currently on sale for £15.95, which may seem a little steep for a pedometer, but it does have all these extra functions which I think make it worth the extra money. According to Amazon, it's used by athletes - which I can actually believe, since it's quite high tech!

Disclaimer: I was provided with this product free of charge in exchange for a review, but this was not dependent on my writing a favourable review. All words and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...